Emergency ElectricAL Services
In an emergency you need an electrician that will be there for you. Our team is ready to help and provide you with your options no matter the reason for your call. With over 30 years of experience fixing all manner of electrical issues in the Twin Cities Metro Area caused by snow, ice, fallen trees, high winds, fires, lightning strikes and more, our field and scheduling team will work with you and your insurance company to get to work immediately – all without waiting for an adjuster. In an emergency, getting your home back up and running quickly is priority #1. We also offer a lifetime labor guarantee on our residential work so you can rest assured knowing the job will be done right the first time.
Types of emergencies:
- Burning/Fishy Smell
- No Power
- Lightning Strike
- Storm Damage
- Tree Fall on Power Line
- Smoking Receptacles
- Sparking Wires
- No matter the type of damage or the reason we are ready to help
If you believe you are in an emergency please ensure you are safe.
Your safety is our #1 priority. Do not touch any fallen electrical wires and stay away from sparking or smoking electrical outlets, panels, boxes or wires.
Steps to take if you lose power during a storm or emergency.
- If you see fallen or live sparking wires stay away from them and remain in a safe area.
- Call your power company to alert them of your outage (Xcel Energy 800-895-1999).
- If your mast has been damaged, bent or ripped off Call Advantage Electric’s 24 hour Emergency Service Line.
- Once we receive your information we will have someone on our team out to assess the situation and give you an estimate as soon as we can.
Why do you need an electrician when you have storm damage?
Many think that the energy company will come to restore your power if you have storm damage to your electric mast or exterior electrical equipment on your home. However, the power company will actually cut your power if your mast or wiring is damaged and you will be left without power. A licensed electrician needs to repair or replace the mast and electric box on your home in order for the energy company to turn the power back on. But no worries, Advantage Electric is skilled at these kinds of situations and can get the job done quickly and correctly. After that our team will work with your insurance directly to get your claim processed!